Local authority and CCG contract dispute resolution: Our team of regulatory and contract lawyers are able to work with our litigation lawyers as required to bring speedy and beneficial resolutions to disputes with local authorities and other commissioners. Our lawyers are skilled at analysing contract terms and engaging robustly yet persuasively with local authorities and commissioners. A well laid out case with strong evidence in support can be extremely effective in bringing the parties to a resolution. However, where this approach does not trigger the desired response, our team are able to pursue formal dispute resolution proceedings and as a last resort, formal court action.
Our experienced team has also been successful in using judicial review to force local authorities and other public bodies to pay fees due in line with their statutory obligations. We have been successful in recovering fees, from many tens of thousands to six figure claims, due from local authorities to care home providers.
Care home contracts: Errol Archer has a particular expertise in relation to care home contracts and has provided training to hundreds of care home providers on how to ensure compliance with the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) guidance, while protecting the provider’s commercial interests. His team has worked with many providers to either revise their existing contracts to make them compliant or to produce new contracts, where appropriate. This broad and in-depth experience allows us to ensure that care home providers have compliant contracts with a minimum of disruption and at an affordable cost.
How we can help:
- Provide you with early and realistic advice on your options an on the strength of your case.
- Engage constructively yet robustly with the other parties on your behalf.
- Seek and reach settlements with local authorities and other commissioners with or without the need to enter into formal legal dispute resolution or formal legal action.
- Revise your care home contracts to ensure they are compliant with CMA guidance on care home contracts.
- Use judicial review to force local authorities to comply with their legal obligation in respect of the payment of care home fees.
- Revise or prepare a wide range of other contracts, for example, employment contracts, supplier contracts and specialist construction contracts for care home developments.
Contact our Health & Social Care Regulation Lawyers in London
With over 30 other specialist consultants we are well placed to assist with a broad range of legal and regulatory matters.