Immigration law covers all aspects of wanting to enter the UK – whether it’s to study, to start a business or to live. Coming to the UK can be as straightforward as obtaining the right visa but if there’s a problem, Scott-Moncrieff’s immigration team has the specialist expertise to step in and secure a speedy resolution. We can also help if you want to bring a partner or member of your family into the country.
This area of the legal system is increasingly complex. To bring a successful immigration case now demands knowledge of a whole range of other specialisms such as human rights, family and housing law. The good news is that Scott-Moncrieff’s multi-lingual immigration team applies this inter-disciplinary approach, harnessing each lawyer’s know-how in such areas, as well as the wider expertise of other departments within the firm.
Our lawyers understand the distress that can be caused by an immigration problem. We work with energy and sympathy to resolve situations and reunite families and to secure the release of immigrants who have been unlawfully detained.
OUR SOLICITORS COVER ALL ASPECTS OF IMMIGRATION LAW
Our specialist team of immigration solicitors can provide advice and guidance across a whole range of areas. We regularly help our clients with:
- applying to the UK Border Agency
- applying for British Citizenship
- applying for Dual Citizenship
- applying for leave-to-remain
- advice about EU migration
- advice about how the points system works if you want to work/study in the UK
- appeals to Immigration Tribunals
- advocacy at First Tier Tribunals
- children’s immigration
- Home Office applications
- Judicial Review applications
- unlawful detention when trying to enter the UK
- asylum applications