Health and Social Care Law, regulation and compliance; acting for providers.
Errol Archer works with owners and directors of:
- care homes;
- independent hospitals;
- home-care agencies; and
- children’s homes
Errol prides himself on helping their businesses thrive by finding solutions to legal, regulatory and compliance challenges.
Errol is a health and social care law expert in dealing with:
- Care Quality Commission;
- Health and Safety Executive; and with other regulators.
- won appeals at tribunal against CQC and Ofsted Notices of Decision;
- successfully challenged Notices of Proposal;
- persuaded regulators to withdraw Fixed Penalty Notices;
- successfully defended and mitigated Health and Safety Prosecutions; and
- guided provides through local authority safeguarding matters.
For over 20 years, Errol Archer has successfully acted for businesses and clients, regulators and central government departments at the highest levels, including advising senior civil servants and government ministers. He has worked both in-house and in private practice.
His approach is strategic and commercial. Having successfully set up, run and managed a highly regulated business himself for many years, he is keenly aware of the need to protect his clients’ ‘bottom line’ and business reputation.
Errol is a Solicitor-Advocate (Civil) and is authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to exercise ‘higher rights of audience’ in courts and tribunals. He has represented clients in hundreds of hearings at courts and tribunals, including at the First-Tier Tribunal (Care Standards) and at Coroners’ Court Inquests.
- Member of the Solicitors Association of Higher Court Advocates
- Member of the Association of Disciplinary and Regulatory Lawyers
- Member of the Association of Health and Safety Lawyers
- Past Member of the Law Society Mental Health Tribunal Panel for 10 Years
Speaking and Writing
Errol has spoken in recent years at the Health + Care conference in London, the Patient Safety Congress in Manchester, the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) Annual Conference, Health Service Journal’s Transforming Mental Health Conference and at HSJ webinars.
He has contributed articles to a number of sector publications including Caring Times, Care Talk, Healthcare Business and Care Management Matters.
In his spare time, Errol enjoys listening to live music and is a member of Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club. He regularly runs, swims and practises martial arts and especially enjoys the Saturday morning ‘Park Run’ with his two daughters.
For further information please see his website: www.archers-law.com
Contact Errol Archer Specialist Regulatory Solicitor
With over 20 years experience helping business with regulatory and compliance challenges Errol Archer is a health and social care law expert in dealing with CQC, HSE and Ofsted. Contact him today on 020 3984 7883 or complete our online enquiry form.