Tom studied law and French at Nottingham Law School and Montpellier University, France. He completed the LPC at UWE, Bristol and qualified as a solicitor in November 2004. Following this Tom became a specialist employment solicitor based in the Bath area. He has previously worked in the employment law team of national trade union firm Thompsons and Mowbray Woodwards in Bath.
Tom provides advice and assistance on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters. He has extensive experience of bringing and defending employment tribunal claims with particular expertise in discrimination and unfair dismissal. Tom offers practical, cost-effective employment advice and representation with a particular focus on providing outstanding value to his clients.
Tom has offered employment law advice to clients across the Bath area for over ten years and has worked with businesses and organisations across a range of sectors from schools, charities, GPs and dentists, engineering and FM companies, security, retail, care industry, hospitality and high tech media firms.
Tom acts for both employers and individuals in a range of issues, including:
- Settlement agreements and negotiating settlement terms
- ACAS conciliation
- Bringing and defending Employment Tribunal claims
- Unfair and wrongful dismissal
- Equality Act claims for discrimination
- Redundancy, restructuring and TUPE
- Maternity rights, flexible working and other family friendly issues
- Restrictive Covenants
- Breach of contract
- Drafting contracts of employment and staff handbooks
- Disciplinary and grievance
Tom is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association
Find out more about Tom at www.bathemploymentsolicitor.co.uk